Welcome to Astoria Oregon


Astoria Oregon
Astoria Column


Bumble Bee Cannery Museum
visit website
Pier 39 100, 39th Street, Suite 401
The Hanthorn Cannery Foundation is located on pier 39 at the east end of Astoria, The Museum is housed in the oldest cannery building still standing on the Columbia River and includes three wooden gill-netters on permanent display. The Museum is a Federal 501 C-3 Corporation dedicated to the preservation of Cannery History, all cannery workers, and the Fishing Industry livelihood as it was developed from 1875 to the present. Its current goals are to create an interpretive center, a Cannery Woman's Memorial Park, and scholarship funds while maintaining it's headquarter at the Hanthorn Cannery in Astoria, Oregon.
Heritage Museum
visit website
1618 Exchange St.
Features permanent exhibits interpreting Clatsop County's history, including natural history, geology, Native American artifacts, early immigrants and settlers of the region, and important nautical events. The building contains over 10,000 cataloged historic photographs.
Maritime Museum
visit website
1792 Marine Dr.
Located on Astoria, Oregon's historic waterfront, the acclaimed Columbia River Maritime Museum displays one of the most extensive collections of nautical artifacts on the west coast. Designated Oregon's official state maritime museum, this outstanding institution with 24,000 square feet of exhibit space was the first nationally accredited maritime museum in the western United States. More...
Oregon Movie Museum
800 Exchange Street, Suite 410
A popular 1980s movie that helped put Astoria on the Hollywood map will be showcased in a new permanent location thanks to a deal between Clatsop County and a local historical group. The county is giving the Clatsop County Historical Society the use of the historic old Clatsop County Jail in downtown Astoria as a museum dedicated to 'The Goonies' and other made-in-Oregon films. The society opened the museum door June 2010, in time for the 25th anniversary of 'The Goonies'.
The Flavel House
visit website
441 8th St.
The Captain George Flavel house has captured the luxury and elegance of the Victorian period. This 1885 Queen Anne Victorian home features original Eastlake style woodwork interiors and exotic hardwood and imported tile fireplaces. Enjoy a walk on the grounds and many trees planted by the Flavels over 100 years ago.
Uppertown Firefighters Museum & The Children's Museum
visit website
2986 Marine Dr.
UFM 503-325-0920 CM 503-325-8669
The Uppertown Firefighter's Museum houses an extensive collection of fire fighting equipment and memorabilia dating as far back as the 1880's. There are hand-pulled, horse-drawn and motorized fire engines and vivid photographic displays of some of Astoria's most spectacular fires.

The Children's Museum occupies the second floor of the Firefighters Museum building, the Astoria Children's Museum provides creative fun for area youngsters. The Children's Museum is open Wednesday through Sunday from 11-2
Liberty Theater